Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Want To Know How To Enjoy Your Favorite Foods And Still Lose Fat?

I love LIFE cereal.

To be more precise, I love Cinnamon LIFE cereal.

It's a guilty pleasure. I know I shouldn't. I know that it's a horribly processed carbohydrate, with no nutritional value, and will do nothing but mess with my blood sugar levels if eaten by itself, but I love it. I'm the grown-up version of Mikey.

In the past, I've actually been known to eat a bowl (or 3) for lunch...but only as a "cheat" meal, and only on a very rare occasion.

See, even a personal trainer isn't perfect with his eating.

But there's a better to fit in my guilty pleasure of Mikey's favorite cereal. As I've said before, one of my favorite snacks is homemade trail mix. My wife buys almonds and other nuts in bulk and puts in raisins, craisins and my Cinnamon LIFE cereal.

That way I can get a high protein, high fiber, vitamin and mineral packed, easy to transport and eat snack in and still enjoy a guilty pleasure. Plus those extra carbs actually help out with my busy training and massage schedule.

That's how you can enjoy a guilty pleasure and still make it healthy.

If you like ice cream, give it a little punch by adding some high fiber raspberries or blueberries. Or you can put a mixture of those two and throw in some strawberries too. It'll make the ice cream taste a lot better and make it a little better for you.

Or if you're a candy bar junky, just buy a small package of "bite size" bars and pack them with your lunch and have one after you eat your chicken breast sandwich, apple and broccoli.

My point is that you don't have to give up your favorite foods just because you want to lose a little blubber. You just have to figure out sneaky ways to keep them and minimize the size and frequency of those guilty pleasures.

You can have them on occasion, even daily if you do it right and only have very small portions.

In fact, I recommend that you still keep your favorite unhealthy foods in your regular eating plan.

It'll help keep you sane.

It'll help ensure you actually stick to your new healthy, fat fighting lifestyle.

Think of it this way. Have you ever seen those hidden camera shows where they put a plate full of junk foods in front of little kids and then leave them unattended?

If you haven't, let me fill you in.

The kids whose parents let the kids have a little treat every now and again will only take a few bites of the junk food and then continue playing.

But the kids whose parents totally restrict the junk food go CRAZY and stuff their faces. They come unhinged and become junk food junkies.

Don't be kid on a sugar high.

Let yourself have an unhealthy snack every once in a while. It'll do your body good.

Just make sure it's small and only done on occasion.

Have a good day! And snack well!

Ed

P.S. - Did you like this nutrition tip? The nutrition manual that comes with my Fat Loss To Go program is loaded with common sense fat loss nutrition advice just like this. Check it out at www.fatlosstogo.com and don't forget that within the next week or so I'm going to have a big announcement including lots of new bonuses, and if you've already purchased the program, you'll get them sent to you at no additional charge.

No comments: