Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Easiest Fat Loss Nutrition Tip I Can Possibly Give

The other day I was training a client and she asked me about nutrition.

We got to talking and she asked me "What's the easiest thing you can tell me? What one nutrition tip can you give me that will help me lose fat and stay healthy?"

That was a very good question. And a tough one to boil down to just one thing.

I'm not very good at giving one sentence answers.

What I came up with was a pretty good tip, though.

I told her if it has no chance of spoiling, don't eat it.

Pretty simple, right?

Well, think about it. What foods spoil?

Fruits, vegetables, dairy products, breads, meats, etc.

What foods don't spoil and would probably still be edible after a nuclear blast?

Processed carbohydrates like crackers, chips, or basically anything that comes in a bag or box or can.

I know that chips and crackers can get stale, but that's not the same as eating a banana after it's sat on your counter for a few days. Stale chips are still edible. Ask any poor college kid.

I could go in farther with this tip and get into whole-wheat vs. white, non-fat dairy vs. 2%, and lean meat vs. fatty and that would be a very good conversation. I'll save that for another day because I was asked about 1 tip, not a research project.

I will however go a little farther into that tip and give you some advice for your next trip to the grocery store.

Stay on the edges of the grocery store and don't venture into the middle aisles. The outside of the store is where all the fruits, vegetables, dairy, and meats are as well as their organic counterparts. These are the foods you want to stock up on.

Not only are those foods that spoil the ones that will help you lose fat, but they're loaded with the things that our bodies need to survive.

They have the vitamins, minerals, cancer-fighting phytonutrients, enzymes, proteins, amino-acids and healthy fats our bodies must have in order to stay healthy and live a full life. A life without constant colds, trips to the doctor and an ever-growing waist line.

However, when you venture down the dark, cavernous center aisles you get into the highly processed items like kids' cereals, chips, crackers, sugar-laden condiments, soda, alcohol, etc. and those are the things that will make you fat and unhealthy.

Simple enough, right?

I promise you that if you take this one, overly simple piece of advice and put it to use you will see results. And not only in your waist line, but how you feel too. You will be more vibrant, have more energy, your skin will look and feel better, your hair will look and feel better, plus you'll start to strip the goo off your waist line.

So do it and do it today.

Have a good day!

Ed

P.S. - I'm working on getting a lot of good nutrition bonuses from some fitness professionals I know to be added to my Fat Loss To Go program. There's going to be recipes, fat loss tips for people on the go, etc. Once I get all these bonuses together, they'll be up on the site as f.ree bonuses. However, if you buy before then I'll be sending you all the bonuses at no additional cost.

There's also going to be a ton of new workout bonuses in there too including abs specific workouts, workouts geared towards women's trouble spots and men's trouble spots, etc.. So make sure you don't miss out! Go to www.fatlosstogo.com today and get it purchased!

No comments: