Thursday, May 15, 2008

Push-up variations

I love push-ups. I do them in every single workout and I try to include them in as many of my clients' workouts as possible.

Plus my boot camps do A LOT of push-ups on a weekly basis.

There really is no better upper body movement than the push-up. It works virtually every muscle in your upper body including your chest, shoulders, upper back, triceps (back of your arms) and last but not least your abs/core.

That's right! Push-ups are a core exercise. If your core wasn't working, your stomach would sag like an old horse...and if your stomach sags like an old horse while doing push-ups, keep your stomach and glutes tight. It'll make the exercise much more effective.

The problem with push-ups, though is that they can get a little easy after a while and you need to change it up a little bit.

So I made a video to show you a few "intermediate" push-up variations. I want you to give these a try the next time you do push-ups.

Check the video out below.





Have a good day!

Ed Scow

No comments: