Thursday, April 24, 2008

How Does Me Singing Relate To Your Fat Loss?

Do you like to sing? How about karaoke?

Personally, I hate singing and I definitely hate karaoke.

I'm a horrible singer. My dog howls when I sing. Not really, but he does look at me goofy.

I can remember a couple years ago being at a family reunion on my wife's side and there was karaoke.

A few of my relatives decided to do an old Sinatra song and wanted a group of guys to do it "rat pack" style.

They needed one more person, so I decided to fill the gap. That was a horrible mistake on my part.

We got booed...by family!

That was the first and last time I ever did karaoke. The bad thing is that my 16 month old daughter loves music and loves to dance so I have to occasionally sing.

She doesn't care that I am a horrible singer, she just wants to hear a melody, no matter how horrible it is.

How does this parallel to fitness and fat loss?

Because there are going to be things that you don't enjoy doing, but must do if you want to succeed and live a healthy, fat free lifestyle.

Maybe you don't like vegetables. Too bad. You have to eat them.

Maybe you don't like to exercise. Too bad. You have to do it. You can search out things you enjoy doing, but it must elicit enough of a calorie burn to make a difference and going for a leisurely stroll with your spouse or friends doesn't count.

Maybe you enjoy drinking soda and don't want to give it up. Too bad. You have to give up that habit if you want to lose fat. And sometimes diet soda is worse than its regular, sugar-laden counterpart.

Maybe you like the donuts in the break room everyday or hitting the vending machine around mid-morning. Too bad. You can't eat donuts or junk food on a regular basis if you want to be fit. You can have it occasionally or for one of your "cheat" meals, but that's it.

You get the idea, right?

Sometimes you have to do things you don't like because they're good for you.

It may sound horrible, but I promise you that if you give it a shot for a few weeks it will be easier and will become a habit. It's just getting to the point where it becomes habit that's difficult.

I'm actually starting to enjoy singing. Well to my daughter at least. She likes it, so I like it.

Have a good day!

Ed Scow

P.S. - Who knows you may enjoy eating broccoli, drinking green tea, or, God forbid, doing resistance training a few times per week followed by some interval training for about 15 minutes each. That doesn't sound too bad, does it? Give it a shot. You just may surprise yourself. And if you're really smart you'll pick up my Fat Loss To Go program and get started today with your fast fat loss workouts and common sense nutrition. Check it out at www.fatlosstogo.com

No comments: