Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Eat Your Cake and Lose Fat Too!

"So, who's going to be the first one to eat the cake?"

That's the question I asked recently when I was at small business meeting up in Toronto.

There were 10 fitness professionals in the room and we had lunch catered to the meeting room...and there was chocolate cake.

Everybody was looking at it and you could tell everybody wanted it, but we're fitness professionals. We shouldn't eat that stuff, right?

So do you think anybody ate it?

Absolutely! By the end of lunch the ENTIRE cake was gone. And you know what? It was fantastic.

What's my point?

You have to relax a little bit every once in a while. Just because you're on a fat loss program doesn't mean you have to totally throw out your favorite foods.

If you try to do that, you will fail. And you will go crazy in the process of your failure.

Many of my clients who have tried fad diets in the past tell me that they simply can't stick to the program because they're too restrictive and make the person totally eliminate the foods they love. Or they make you eat something that you don't like.

That's just insane. And it sets you up to fail. And it makes you crazy.

Here's where me and my fellow fitness pros differ from the majority of the population and why we were able to eat the cake - guilt free.

We all worked out in the morning before our meeting. Not long workouts. Mine only took about 15 minutes and included all bodyweight exercises (it was a workout from my Fat Loss To Go program) and I didn't have to leave my hotel room, which meant no worries about bags under the eyes, stanky breath or the proper workout attire.

The other thing was that our lunch and snacks all included healthy food.

We had bananas, apples, pears, oranges as well as yogurt and for lunch we had sandwiches (whole wheat bread and low-fat meats) and salad.

That means that it's OK to splurge every now and again on something like chocolate cake.

So lighten up.

Have a piece of cake.

And don't feel guilty after you eat it.

Just make sure you stick to your fat loss workouts and healthy eating the rest of the time.

Have a good day!

Ed Scow

P.S. - Sorry there's no video today. I had planned on filming a video up here in Toronto, but I forgot my camera. Oh well. But if you're looking for some awesome fast fat loss workouts, check out my Fat Loss To Go (www.fatlosstogo.com) program. All the workouts can be done in as few as 10-15 minutes and done in the comfort of your own home, or hotel room.

No comments: