Monday, July 7, 2008

I Decided To Spill The Beans On The Easiest "Diet" I Have Ever Tried

Given that last weekend was a holiday for us in America, that meant that more than likely you ate and drank far too much (I know I did). That also means that you’re having another “I won’t do this again” or “I can’t eat and drink like that and plan to lose weight” conversation.

Well I decided to spill the beans on one of my “diet” secrets and let you in on quite possibly the easiest diet (that’s not a diet) in the world.

Last November, while I was in Florida for a seminar, I was able to meet very interesting guy. His name is Brad Pilon. In case you’ve never heard of Brad, he wrote quite possibly the easiest to stick to “diet book” I have ever read.

If you know me, then you know that I’m not a “diet” guy. I despise fad diets because they don’t work.

But Brad’s concept is totally different and it’s quite controversial at the same time. It’s really not a diet at all, it’s more like a non-diet or a diet for anti-dieters if that makes any sense.

His non-diet diet is called Eat Stop Eat and it’s about intermittent fasting and how that one little thing can help you lose lots of fat.

To put it bluntly, all you do is not eat anything over a 24 hour period. Simple concept and Brad’s got the science to back it up.

You’re allowed to drink calorie-free drinks like water, teas or flavored water. It also helps to have some breath mints or sugarless gum to keep your mouth busy.

I thought it was a very interesting concept. Not only that, but it’s a highly controversial concept because it goes against everything you (and I) have been told about how to eat when it comes to losing fat.

Anyway, we got to talking and he explained the science to me but then we had to finish up our seminar. After his explanations and showing me some science, he convinced me that I have really been brainwashed by the food and supplement industry, even though I don’t take supplements (other than vitamins) and am pretty good at getting past deceptive advertising.

I’ll leave his book to convince you on the science and rationale behind his anti-diet, and I’ll just get into my personal experiences.

Anyway, I was able to meet up with him again a few months ago and he finally convinced me to give it a try and I was floored with the results!

I got home from my meeting and my wife and I decided we’d try fasting for a day a week like he suggested. I was worried about not eating and how it might affect me mentally and in my workouts, but I knew one day wouldn’t be a big deal.

So we didn’t eat anything after dinner Sunday and didn’t eat again until dinner Monday. All I had was lots of water and breath mints.

I got up Monday morning and was able to get to my training studio earlier than normal because I didn’t have to prepare my morning smoothie. Bonus points to intermittent fasting for saving time.

I filled my water bottle and began my busy day training clients.

Anytime I felt I was getting hungry I took a big drink of cool water, popped a breath mint and focused on something else and that seemed to do the trick. I knew I could make it through the morning just fine, but was worried about lunch and after lunch.

Much to my surprise, lunch time went right on by and I felt fine. To be totally honest, I was a little hungry, but nothing major.

Actually, I felt more alert than usual and was getting more done in less time. Bonus points to intermittent fasting when it comes to saving time.

I didn’t have any training clients in the afternoon, so it meant more desk time. Again, whenever I got a little hungry I took a big drink of cool water and popped a breath mint. That really seemed to help.

Pretty soon my day was over and I was ready to head home. I felt fantastic!

I wasn’t tired or run down like I thought I might feel, even though Brad assured me this wouldn’t happen.

I’ve since done this for the last 7 or 8 Mondays (the first time or two were kind of tough, but it’s much easier now) and I’ve noticed that I’ve lost fat from my stomach. That may not seem like that big of a deal to you, but considering that I’m a pretty fit personal trainer who didn’t have much fat to lose, I think it’s saying a lot.

I only lost a couple pounds off the scale, but my clothes are fitting better than ever and I’m more defined, which tells me that every pound lost was pure fat! There was this fear I had about losing muscle mass. Brad assured me this wouldn’t happen in just 1 day per week, but if I tried to do more than that, I would lose muscle in addition to fat.

I didn’t follow Brad’s Eat Stop Eat plan to lose fat. I was more curious than anything. I wanted to experiment on myself and I am very glad I did. It is without a doubt, the easiest “diet” I have ever read or tried.

I lost fat and inches off my stomach. I didn’t have much to lose, but I lost it…more bonus points to intermittent fasting.

My energy levels are better on my fasting days.

My concentration levels are better on my fasting days.

I feel awesome on my fasting days.

I couldn’t recommend Brad’s Eat Stop Eat diet more and I really think you should check it out. If you want to learn more about the easiest diet in the world and how it can help you lose fat too, click here.

Or go to www.EatStopEat.com

Have an awesome day!

Ed

P.S. – A very important thing to remember when trying Eat Stop Eat for yourself is to not take the mentality of “more is better”. Brad recommends fasting 1 day a week with a maximum of 2. Brad also goes over many of the myths and lies associated with meal timing and frequency in his book and he really helps take what he calls our “obsessive-compulsive eating” habits out of the picture. So be sure to check his Eat Stop Eat program out by clicking here => www.EatStopEat.com

No comments: